Das Exmo-Diskussionsforum

Keine Antworten auf diesen Beitrag.
Seite erstellt am 26.4.24 um 16:39 Uhr
zur Nachrichtenliste
der Beitrag:
Verfasser: Elvira
Datum: Samstag, den 2. November 2002, um 20:30 Uhr
Betrifft: Das Wort zum Sonntag

Nachdem wir Nichtmehrmormonen in diesem Forum neuerdings wegen unserem Umgangston kritisiert und uns wenig Toleranz vorgeworfen wird, möchte ich heute einmal eine Mormonin sprechen lassen.

MORMON BROWN von Rubina Rivers Forester, in Mormon women speak, S. 93

“One Sunday als I sat in Sacrament Meeting in a Laie, Hawaii ward chapel, I noticed that Polynesian hands had carefully placed six vases, three of them foil  covered cans, on the piano, pulpit, and organ. The “flowers” were multi-colored feathers in bright and improbable combinations of forest green, white psychedelic orange, brilliant purple, bright blue, shocking pink, gold, maroon and chocolate brown. I could see that they were garish, and totally inappropriate for a place of worship, but I waited (I admit impatiently ), till after the meeting when I overheard the comments I was expecting: “Now didn´t you love those darling feather flowers?” “We´re so lucky to be living among such happy, simple, people,” “We´d never get away with that in Salt Lake City.”

Being Mormon and brown is a straw that has sometimes strained my half- Samoan back. I suppose it is because in Hawaii our multi- ethnicity causes the weekly speakers to saturate their sermons with “We´re all children of God,” “We´re equal in God´s Church, “ “In God´s eyes we´re all the same color” (white of course). The sermonettes spill out God´s Word in easy- to- swallow pills—pills to cure the infection of discrimanation. Perhaps it is my fault that I haven´t been cured , but I am still hurt when less is expected of me, when I am not allowed to discriminate also—beauty from tastlessness, quality from shodiness, pride from selfishness……………………”

zur Nachrichtenliste
auf diesen Beitrag antworten:

nicht möglich, da das maximale Themenalter erreicht wurde.

zur Nachrichtenliste
das Themengebiet: zur Nachrichtenliste
die neuesten Beiträge außerhalb dieses Themengebietes: zur Nachrichtenliste
zurück
www.mormonentum.de