der Beitrag:
Verfasser: Salomon
Datum: Montag, den 27. Februar 2006, um 17:13 Uhr
Betrifft: Hunters Millionen:-)

Posted Dec 8, 2005, at 08:20 AM. 
FILED UNDER: HOWARD W. HUNTER
ORIGINAL AUTHOR: Shakey 
ARCHIVED BY: Infymus 

I’ve been a long time poster on this board, and was a long time TBM. I’ve not shared this story before.

I worked for a major investment company and handled the investments of what we considered our largest individual customers. I worked as the personal investment manager for about 2-300 clients with 1 million or more each. Part of our responsibility was to handle the risk and suitablility of each customers investments so we had to know their financial situation.

About a year or so into my tenure there I was given a new list of customers and part of that list was Howard W. Hunter and with his address at the COB in slc. Well a non mormon wouldn’t recognize the name but I new it at first glance. I had a legal obligation to learn about my customers and their investments. What did I find out?

Well the 2-3 million dollars I was now managing was only his "liquid cash" assets and would only be earning interest. We would not be managing or discussing his actual investments. During my tenure Ezra Taft Benson died and Hunter became the Prophet. He never drew on the money nor did he add to them until his death.

At the time I was uber TBM Jihad Mormon and I still questioned why a prophet was so freaky loaded. Did the millions of poor starving people in the world need the money? Did the Prophet, Seer, and Revelator forgot to ask god how to help those in need.

It has taken me a long time to decide to betray this "confidentiality" I had. I felt I had a greater obligation to my personal morality.

Would Jesus, The Dali Lama, Mother Teresa, horde millions while there was such suffering in the world? 

zur Nachrichtenliste
auf diesen Beitrag antworten:

nicht möglich, da das maximale Themenalter erreicht wurde.

zur Nachrichtenliste
das Themengebiet: zur Nachrichtenliste
die neuesten Beiträge außerhalb dieses Themengebietes: zur Nachrichtenliste
zurück
www.mormonentum.de