der Beitrag:
Verfasser: Hexe
Datum: Freitag, den 21. Januar 2005, um 4:50 Uhr
Betrifft: Hinkley zur Homosexualität

President Hinckley Makes Offensive Comments about Gays and Lesbians
“Gays Have a Problem”

By Jason Clark
December 27, 2004

President Gordon B. Hinckley made more offensive comments toward gays and lesbians as he sat in an interview with CNN’s Larry King on December 26. President Hinckley said that he knows that gays and lesbians "have a problem" and he wants to "help" them.

In the past, LDS leaders have "helped" homosexuals by forcing them to undergo horrific forms of so-called "therapy" and by encouraging them to get married. Now LDS leaders "help" homosexuals by forcing them to live a life of celibacy and loneliness--a second-class citizen status, at best, in a theological system that sees heterosexual marriage as essential for exaltation.

In the same interview, President Hinckley admitted that he doesn’t know what makes people gay. When asked by King whether homosexuality was a "problem they caused, or they were born with," he replied: "I don’t know. I’m not an expert on these things. I don’t pretend to be an expert on these things." This comes in strong contrast with a statement by his counselor James E. Faust, who in 1995 said that if homosexuality were inherited, this "would frustrate the whole plan of mortal happiness" (Ensign, September 1995, p. 5).

Even though Mormon leaders have expressed disgust at the idea of same-sex couples, many of us have found happiness in sharing a life with a partner and having families, i.e., by doing the things that as Mormons we were taught to do. I, for one, regret the statements made by President Hinckley and stand as a witness that our homosexuality is a gift from God.

Gordon Hinkelstein bei larry King
Gordon Hinkelstein bei larry King

Quelle: www.affirmation.org

Und die Erde ist eine Scheibe?

zur Nachrichtenliste
auf diesen Beitrag antworten:

nicht möglich, da das maximale Themenalter erreicht wurde.

zur Nachrichtenliste
das Themengebiet: zur Nachrichtenliste
die neuesten Beiträge außerhalb dieses Themengebietes: zur Nachrichtenliste
zurück
www.mormonentum.de