Das Exmo-Diskussionsforum

Erster Beitrag von 5 Beiträgen.
Seite erstellt am 19.4.24 um 4:18 Uhr
zur Nachrichtenliste
der Beitrag:
Verfasser: Nyu
Datum: Samstag, den 18. Oktober 2003, um 20:00 Uhr
Betrifft: Erneut von der Generalkonferenz - FRAUEN !!!!

wohl hat kaum eine(r), die erbaulichen Perlen der neuzeitlichen Propheten, Seher und Offenbarer mitbekommen. Vielleicht ist Euch dann auch dieses wunderbare Stück geistiger Erbauung entgangen, das Präsident Gordon Bittner Hinckley auf der FHV Versammlung der Generalkonferenz kredenzt hat.

Hier einige der besten Auszüge aus dieser Ansprache im Original und in meiner detailgenauen und buchstäblichen Übersetzung (...:-)):

"You are housekeepers. That doesn’t sound like much, does it? But what a job it is to keep a house clean and tidy.
You are shoppers. Until I got older I never dreamed of what a demanding responsibility it is to keep food in the pantry, to keep clothing neat and presentable, to buy all that is needed to keep a home running.
You are nurses. With every illness that comes along, you are the first to be told about it and the first to respond with help. In cases of serious sickness, you are at the bedside day and night, comforting, encouraging, ministering, praying.
You are the family chauffeur. You are driving your children about on paper routes, taking them to athletic events, driving them on ward outings, hauling here, there, and everywhere as they pursue their busy lives."

Die Frauen halten also das Haus sauber, kaufen ein, kümmern sich um die Gesundheit der Familie und kutschieren die Familie in die Kirche und zu Kirchenaktivitäten und anderen Sachen.
Aber es geht ja weiter:

"They drive cars, they run computers, they attend the activities of their children, they cook and sew, they teach classes, and they speak in church."
Übersetzung: Sie fahren Autos, sie treiben Computer an (!!!), sie gehen zu den Aktivitäten ihrer Kinder, sie kochen und sähen, sie belehren Klassen und sie sprechen in der Kirche"
Kaum zu fassen,,,

"Some of you, unfortunately, will never marry in this life. That turns out to be the case sometimes. If that happens, do not spend your life grieving over it. The world still needs your talents. It needs your contribution. The Church needs your faith. It needs your strong, helping hand. Life is never a failure until we call it such. There are so many who need your helping hands, your loving smile, your tender thoughtfulness. I see so many capable, attractive, wonderful women whom romance has passed by. I do not understand it, but I know that in the plan of the Almighty, the eternal plan which we call God’s plan of happiness, there will be opportunity and reward for all who seek them."
Kurz: manche von Euch kriegen keinen ab, aber (ich verstehe es natürlich nicht, Schande über den, der hier an Vielweiberei denkt) im nächsten Leben bestimmt.

"Someone has said that there is no more beautiful picture than that of a good woman cooking a meal for those she loves. Weigh carefully that which you do. You do not need some of the extravagances that working outside the home might bring. Weigh carefully the importance of your being in the home when your children come from school."
Wieder kurz: Kochen passt zu Euch. Bleibt zuhause und werdet keine Rechtsanwälte oder Ärztinnen, selbst wenn Ihr in der Schule zu den oberen 5% gehört habt - egal. Ihr werdet Euren Montagehelfer-Ehemann glücklich machen, wenn Ihr ihm viele viele Kinder schenkt. Recht frei übersetzt;-)

Auch der hier ist nicht schlecht:
"Now I speak to you single mothers whose burdens are so heavy because you have been abandoned or have been widowed. Yours is a terrible load. Bear it well. Seek the blessings of the Lord. Be grateful for any assistance that may come out of the quorums of the priesthood to help you in your home or with other matters. Pray silently in your closet, and let the tears flow if they must come. But put a smile on your face whenever you are before your children or others."
Übersetzung: Euch ist zwar viel Mist im Leben passiert aber bleibt treu und wenn Euch auch zum heulen ist, dann lächelt trotzdem, damit Ihr niemandem die Stimmung versaut.

Noch ein nettes Zitat zum Schluss:
"You are the Relief Society of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. There is no other organization to equal it. Walk with pride. Hold your heads up. Work with diligence. Do whatever the Church asks you to do. Pray with faith. You may never know how much good you accomplish. Someone’s life will be blessed by your effort. May you know the comforting, rewarding embrace of the Holy Spirit, I pray in the sacred name of ...."
Ãœbersetzung: Ihr seid die FHV der Kirche (!!!). Es gibt keine vergleichbare Organisation. Arbeitet hart. Tut, was auch immer die Kirche (wir), Euch sagen.

Ich bin gerührt von der vielen Ehre, die Bruder Gordon Euch Frauen zukommen lässt. Ihr solltet dankbar sein.....

Liebe Grüsse,

Henning

zur Nachrichtenliste
auf diesen Beitrag antworten:

nicht möglich, da das maximale Themenalter erreicht wurde.

zur Nachrichtenliste
das Themengebiet: zur Nachrichtenliste
die neuesten Beiträge außerhalb dieses Themengebietes: zur Nachrichtenliste
zurück
www.mormonentum.de