Das Exmo-Diskussionsforum

Erster Beitrag von 2 Beiträgen.
Seite erstellt am 24.4.24 um 4:36 Uhr
zur Nachrichtenliste
der Beitrag:
Verfasser: Trzoska
Datum: Dienstag, den 24. Februar 2009, um 4:05 Uhr
Betrifft: Another one bites the dust

Und wieder hat einer ins Gras gebissen. Ich habe ihn hierher eingeladen. Wenn er also kommt, benehmt euch anständig.;-)

germanguy schrieb im Recovery Board:
Hello Everybody. I’m sorry in advance for my bad english.
I am 24 years old and I live in germany. I was born to the church and I’m still a member. Here in germany we don’t have that many members which has advantages and disadvantages. For the last months or actually years my doubts about the church have grown. It is a hard situation to handle for me. Here I don’t really have people to talk to about it. Plus we just don’t have any extern literature about the church. The Internet made it possible to do a lot of research. I ordered some books like "no man knows my history" and "in sacred loneliness" and checked some websites. But you know, for people who can’t speak any english there’s just no way to do any research. So I’m glad I do speak a little english. I have been reading a lot of your messages on this page. It is funny how I’m sitting here thousands of miles away in europe but it all sounds familiar to me. A lot of americans who came to visit my ward said that the church is the same no matter where you are. That really IS true:-)

So as I said, I did my job concerning the research. It all started with reading on (one of the few) german websites of an ex-member which contained a section about the church history saying that joseph smith drank alcohol. In my research I was very careful. I didn’t want it to be only based on the internet. this is why i ordered books too. well so i read passages in history of the church and was kinda shocked to find out that those things really are true.
Now that I know a lot of things about the true history of the church and after some time has passed, i am not to worried about that those things happened, but more worried about how the church deals with history. I mean who cares if joseph smith drank alcohol or smoked. Wasn’t he allowed to be a human... To make mistakes? But you know... when you know those things...also facts about polygamy and all that stuff it just seems unfair to me how the history is presented to members by the church. you know, all those movies and stories who just show it in a glorified way that make people cry who truly believe that this is how it was in detail.

So what I’m saying. I am more worried about the church today than the church history. The church seems more and more like a big company to me. All the meetings, all the men running arround with suits and suitcases, the church owning firms who sell stuff even produce movies and all. I mean, what is that? Well there is so much more I’d like to say. I’m so longing to talk to somebody. But here I can’t really find someone. The bigest part of my friends are non members (that’s how it is in germany, i have always been the only member on school and univerity) but those people just don’t understand what you are saying. They just can’t comprehend how this hurts. What it means to question something that has been the anchor of your life.
Well I guess this is why I wrote to you guys. I don’t know where my way is going to lead me.

Take care everyone.

zur Nachrichtenliste
auf diesen Beitrag antworten:

nicht möglich, da das maximale Themenalter erreicht wurde.

zur Nachrichtenliste
das Themengebiet: zur Nachrichtenliste
die neuesten Beiträge außerhalb dieses Themengebietes: zur Nachrichtenliste
zurück
www.mormonentum.de