Das Exmo-Diskussionsforum

Beitrag 10 von 19 Beiträgen.
Seite erstellt am 20.4.24 um 14:30 Uhr
zur Nachrichtenliste
der Beitrag:
Verfasser: shana
Datum: Freitag, den 25. Januar 2008, um 14:09 Uhr
Betrifft: Interessante Lebensgeschichte, aber leider alles auch nur wieder in einer

’fremden’ Sprache... aber so ist das halt, wenn man sich ’ausländischen Sekten’ anschliesst;-)...

Es sei denn, man wurde als ’wehrloses’ Kind, ohne vorher gross gefragt zu werden, einfach angeschlossen, dann hat man wirklich doppelt ’geloost’, wie es so schön in/auf Denglisch heisst ...

Becky schrieb:

> Wie fühlt es sich wohl an, wenn man nach Jahrzehnten von Dienst für die Kirche einschließlich Tausenden von Euros an Zehntenzahlungen feststellt, daß man sein ganzes Leben auf Lügen und Spinnereien aufgebaut hat? Daß man seine Kinder und evtl. Enkel in dieses Gespinst von Halbwahrheiten und Sektierertum hineingezogen hat?

Dazu gibt es einen recht beeindruckenden Bericht (allerdings auch beeindruckend, was die etwas ausufernde Länge des ganzen anbelangt) auf dem Biographie Board der Recovery Seite.
Es ist die (Lebens)Geschichte eines Mannes, der von seinem 14. bis zu seinem 57. Lebensjahr mit vollstem Einsatz dabei war: Schon vor seinem 18. Geburtstag auf Mission war und 1 Woche nach seinem 18. Geburtstag dann gleich im Tempel geheiratet hat. Heute 11 Kinder und 21 Enkelkinder später, sieht er die ganze Sache so:

http://www.exmormon.org/boards/w-agora/view.php?bn=exmobb_biography&key=1162408201&first=1170721980&last=1158825308

--- "Before she died, my wife held in her hand, tear stained copies of several blessings she had been given which had promised her that she had more time, the doctor’s time was not the Lord’s time and that she still had work to do. These were recorded word for word as I used to slip a pocket memo machine in my top pocket when she was given blessings and then transcribe them, as she wanted to be able to read them later for comfort. She wept in my arms and said “Oh Jim, it’s all just a load of rubbish.” This happened three times in the weeks before she died. I never responded, I just cried with her, for fear she would make me promise not to leave the Church for the sake of the children. She perhaps had the strength to stay, I did not, yet we both knew the truth in the end. I cannot tell my children this. At my wife’s funeral the Chapel was overflowing and people were standing around the sides and three deep at the back, as there was not enough room for the hundreds who attended. We had a second service later in our original home town for local family and friends there before she was finally buried in our family grave. We were so loved, she especially and so well known by so many people in the Church....."

Trzoska schrieb:

> Solcher Art von Menschen geht es eben nicht um das Herumkriegen seines Lebens in einer Kirche, in der man sich wohl fühlt. Den meisten Mitgliedern der Kirche ist es egal, ob die Kirche wahr ist, es geht ihnen um die Gemeinschaft, die ihnen die Selbstbestätigung und Geborgenheit gibt, die sie meinen zu brauchen. Diejenigen, denen es um das Wesentliche geht, stellen sich auch weiterhin Fragen und DENKEN bis an den Rand ihrer Fähigkeiten. Ihr Mut zur Konsequenz, der sie in der Kirche aufsteigen ließ, befähigt sie auch wieder auszusteigen - im Gegensatz zu den allermeisten Autoritäten in der Kirche, die aufsteigen, weil sie von klein auf gelernt haben, zu duckmäusern, zu schmeicheln, zu schmieren, zu heucheln.
Es fühlt sich so an wie das Herumreißen einer Fregatte in letzter Sekunde auf stürmischer See. Sich treiben zu lassen, wäre bequemer gewesen.

Dazu aus dem 2. Teil von Jimmy Rainbows Geschichte:

http://www.exmormon.org/boards/w-agora/view.php?bn=exmobb_biography&key=1162411797&first=1170721980&last=1158825308

----"As I already stated, I still count friends among the quorum of twelve and the fist quorum of seventy and they have confirmed to me personally and most adamantly that polyandry is and always was absolutely against Church doctrine. When I posed the question, what if it was conclusively proven that Joseph Smith most certainly did practice it, what would be their position, they said that Joseph would have to answer for it but it would make no difference to their own testimony as the “assurances they have are enough.” I believe in fact that for them, that is indeed the case and that they probably do not even know themselves that conclusive evidence is already in, on at least eight of the recognised eleven polyandrous relationships that Joseph Smith undertook. I think they distance themselves from the possibility of problematic history as I stated above, live by faith alone and simply ignore all else, especially reason, believing that one day there will be answers to anything they may not understand.

In another story on this web site from - “A grandfather today” he says - I remember asking Oscar W. McConkie what he would do if I presented him with irrefutable evidence that Joseph Smith was a fraud. He answered, "It would not make any difference to me whatsoever since my testimony is based on faith not reason." This is consistent with my own experience of General Authorities. To a large degree, I used to think this way myself, now I can’t understand why I did, as faith simply cannot be used in the face of irrefutable evidence, it surely has to be re-evaluated in light of it, whether it is comfortable to do so or not. Clearly if faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen, once something is actually seen for what it truly is, and the evidence is in, then faith is void in that matter and reason alone stands firm, based on that evidence. We have to accept the truth; it is foolish and spiritually naïve in the extreme to do otherwise."

----"I don’t think that any active member can ever appreciate the trauma that one goes through when they discover for themselves that the Church is a lie; that their entire life has been lived as a lie and ultimately, effectively that their life has been stolen from them. They can only say that you have been influenced by Satan as they are taught to do. If ever they could comprehend that in reality for someone of my age (sixty in February 2006 - retired and with no one to talk to except my second wife of two and a half years who left the Church before we married) you actually end up with nothing. It is an excruciating decision to make and not one of choice. One would far rather try to believe, it is so much less painful. To keep your family and friends, you just sit on the back row for once and say you have had a nervous breakdown or something and can’t cope with callings; you would get away with it and still have a life. But for me, it would have been a lie. Far from being influenced by Satan, it takes courage to admit the truth to oneself, then to others and to be willing to accept the consequences of that decision and your subsequent action upon it.

In reality you lose most of your family and all of your friends as they have no time for you because you no longer move in Church circles, which means that as you are not there with them, they don’t bother with you; even the ones who say they mean to, as subsequently they are kept so busy in the Church that they never have or make any time for you. There is also fear, as you are of course, considered apostate. I have moved from being known on first name terms by well over a thousand members who personally knew and respected me, to a number of true friends that I can barely count on one hand. Staying close to the Church, making no real friends “outside” since I was 14 years old didn’t even leave, (other than one) old school friends available to me, having lost contact decades ago. My decision leaves me with no life, few family and friends who care about me and a very difficult future.

Members have said that it is my own fault. I actually had very critical and somewhat unkind phone calls and some abusive letters from leaders and so called friends in the Church who should have known better as I was almost suicidal after my wife’s death and this was another equally distressing moment in my life, leaving me feeling that way again. Unfortunately I destroyed those letters in a flood of tears. Now I wish I had kept them as they just go to show the ludicrous psychological state of mind one can arrive at within the Church if you are not careful. I was reminded of those letters when I read some of the rubbish members have posted on this site. Their attitude is not one compatible with the Church as I remember it, nor as I remember living it. Members can never appreciate what it means to actually know for a surety that what they believe in is simply a lie. Those who have gone through what I have will recognise what I say when I tell you that whilst I considered myself as strong as anyone in my faith, my final reluctant recognition, acknowledgement to myself and my subsequent acceptance of the fact that the Church simply was not true, was a conclusive knowledge a thousand times more powerful and specific than my earlier testimony of it. Why? Because it was based on proven fact, logic and reason that superseded the faith that I had once had in it. Now, members will jump on that statement and have a field day with it, because they cannot comprehend it. It is incomprehensible to someone who feels they have a testimony; their psychological state of mind has to reject it without conscious consideration. That is the trap of Mormonism.

Yet members will decry billions of people who equally feel the same as they do within the scope of their own religion whatever that may be, Christian or otherwise. I had to reluctantly laugh recently when I read that Gordon B Hinckley had actually said that these days the Lord doesn’t give revelations like he used to, now it is by feelings, they think on things, sleep on them, pray about them, then the sweet feeling comes. It is wonderful, he said. Well, if I hadn’t left before, I would have now for that is exactly what everyone in the world gets, feelings! Everyone thinks things over; everyone sleeps on things and then prays. Every religious leader (and follower for that matter) does and if they don’t pray they still get a feeling as to the position they are considering. Perhaps Gordon B. Hinckley, as a lifetime member, actually thinks the process is unique to him as the prophet. It is the same with “feeling the spirit” - not a unique experience for members or indeed Christians or even any religion. It is a universal thing that everyone has. We each have an awareness that doesn’t change just because we are in or out of a Church, it is simply perceived differently when you are a member and you arrogantly feel it is unique to you. We were always taught that the prophets walk and talk with God. Now we know this is not the case. There is no record of any prophet so doing after Joseph Smith, who only said he did a few times and even then, after years of working, reworking and changing his story before it was published. Most of the time he had his head in a hat getting his revelations. But that’s another story. I told the Church it was a matter of integrity when I stood up and was counted, declaring my position openly and having my name removed. I did not choose to know it was not true, it was the final result of trying to finally, once and for all, achieve just the opposite.

When one joins the Church, if they are ostracised by family and friends due to their new found “faith” they at least have a new “family” to welcome them; within the Church. When you leave, there is no one there for you. You are alone. I cannot try to influence my children. I know so much and they so little; and of course, although there is abundant conclusive evidence of the Church hoax in such a significant number of areas; they would not countenance it, as for them to even look, would of course be wrong. They would rather not find out and have said as much. Just like the General Authorities. They do not want to know. I was once the same and I know of no way around it. The psychology of this self induced brainwashing which is only available within religion is so clever and so remarkably effective, there just seems to be no answer to it. .............."

zur Nachrichtenliste
auf diesen Beitrag antworten:

nicht möglich, da das maximale Themenalter erreicht wurde.

zur Nachrichtenliste
das Themengebiet: zur Nachrichtenliste
die neuesten Beiträge in diesem Themengebiet: zur Nachrichtenliste
die neuesten Beiträge außerhalb dieses Themengebietes: zur Nachrichtenliste
zurück
www.mormonentum.de