Verfasser: Hexe
Datum: Freitag, den 14. Oktober 2005, um 1:04 Uhr
Betrifft: Zwei Beiträge zum Thema Homosexualität

Das fand ich bei Affirmation:

“Time” Features Young Gay Mormon
Dad: “It’s like God put a pair of new glasses on me”

By Jason Clark
4 October 2001

Bryan Olsen, a student at Emory University, is one of the young men and women featured in the cover article of the October 10 issue of Time magazine. When Bryan’s Mormon family learned that he was gay, at age 15, they sent him to a boot camp for wayward teens in Ensenada, Mexico, where he suffered various kinds of abuse.

"I could only come home when I wrote my parents and promised to be straight and Mormon," says Bryan, who today is 21.

To this day the reconciliation is not complete. Without financial support from his parents, Bryan is completing his college education with the support of the Point Foundation. But Bryan and his partner Kyle are welcome for dinner at Bryan’s parents’s home in Woodstock, Ga.

"I don’t believe that men should be together," says Bryan’s father. "but I love him as my son. And he and his partner are good boys."

"It’s like God put a pair of new glasses on me… I thought I could talk him out of [being gay]. But it’s not something you can talk someone out of."

Mormon Lesbian Writes about Depression, Suicide

Loren Jenner, Spirited Yearling Wounded.
Logan, UT: Angel Warrior Publishing, 2005.
(230 pp.) ISBN 1-4116-3723-2, $14.95
To purchase this book, go to
www.lulu.com/content/133763
To learn more about Loren Jenner, go to http://www.lorenjenner.com/

Loren Jenner, a lesbian woman from LDS background, has just published Spirited Yearling Wounded, a candid account of her bouts of depression, her suicide attempts, and the journey that finally lead her to affirm her gay identity, acknowledge God’s love, and find inner peace.

Writes Jenner, "This book is… written for the wounded soul unable to reconcile his/her sexuality and spirituality-those who have attempted suicide, are thinking of suicide or survivors of the successful… My foremost concern is for salvation, happiness, and contentment of souls in turmoil."

This 230-page book can also help those who have survived sexual abuse-especially those who come for an LDS background and also identify as gay or lesbian.

From the Back Cover:

Meet Spirited Yearling Wounded, a young Mormon woman in the Mountain West who tries to take her life and finds herself unexpectedly in a mental institution. Spirited comes face to face with questions like,

Do I live my life according to church doctrine and repress my sexuality to become a Goddess in the afterlife?

Or do I honor my essence and express my sexual orientation with integrity only to be among murderers and adulterers when I die?

Is it worse to live a lie or go against church doctrine?

Can I be rehabilitated, or does the quest for rehabilitation encourage the repression of my spirit?

Is it more important who I love, what I am or how I love?

On her spiritual path, she addresses the issues of sexual abuse, sexual identity, life and death, and the differences between God, the gospel and the church. Where will Spirited’s faith and fate lead her?

Loren Jenner
Loren Jenner

Spirited Yearling Wounded
Spirited Yearling Wounded

zur Nachrichtenliste
auf diesen Beitrag antworten:

nicht möglich, da das maximale Themenalter erreicht wurde.

zur Nachrichtenliste
das Themengebiet: zur Nachrichtenliste
die neuesten Beiträge in diesem Themengebiet: zur Nachrichtenliste
die neuesten Beiträge außerhalb dieses Themengebietes: zur Nachrichtenliste
zurück
www.mormonentum.de