Das Exmo-Diskussionsforum

Erster Beitrag von 2 Beiträgen.
Seite erstellt am 25.4.24 um 21:16 Uhr
zur Nachrichtenliste
der Beitrag:
Verfasser: Sappho
Datum: Donnerstag, den 28. Oktober 2010, um 2:13 Uhr
Betrifft: Mormonen müssen Steuern zahlen

In Großbritannien wurde die Steuerbefreiung der Mormonen audgehoben. Ab jetzt dürfen sie, wie andere Clubbetreiber auch, Steuern zahlen:

Only members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in good standing with the Church can enter into its temples. As such the Preston, England Temple has lost its tax exempt statuts. In the UK a church must demonstrate that its buildings are available to public worship in order to avoid paying property taxes. In Gallagher v. the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints the court held that because the Preston temple is not available for public worship it should not be exempt from paying property taxes. This is does not affect the Church’s properties that are not temples within the UK or properties that are located outside of the United Kingdom.
http://www.mormonlawyers.com/2008/11/preston-england-temple-loses-tax-exempt.html

Dazu eine Stellungnahme von der Internetseite:

Anonymous said...
The LDS church believes in obeying the law of the land, and the law states that the tax must be paid. As a member, if I were living in England, I wouldn’t mind paying a tax to know I could have a holy house of the Lord available to me.

Und eine andere sagte dazu:

Jill said...
The LDS church believes in obeying the law? Ha!  Is this why it spent 40 Million bucks to stop Proposition 8? It is illegal for tax exempt entities to influence legislation in a substantial way. Is 40 million substantial? Let the IRS decide!

Ich finde es richtig, dass diese KULT in GB Steuern bezahlen muß!

Ãœbrigens irrte sich Jill: Die LDS (bzw. ihre Mitglieder) bezahlten die Kohle nicht, um Porposition 8 zu verhindern, sondern, damit es durchkommt.

zur Nachrichtenliste
auf diesen Beitrag antworten:

nicht möglich, da das maximale Themenalter erreicht wurde.

zur Nachrichtenliste
das Themengebiet: zur Nachrichtenliste
die neuesten Beiträge außerhalb dieses Themengebietes: zur Nachrichtenliste
zurück
www.mormonentum.de