Beitrag 42 von 128
zum Thema Totentaufe
Seite erstellt am 25.4.24 um 9:22 Uhr
zur Nachrichtenliste
der Beitrag:
Verfasser: vedma
Datum: Dienstag, den 29. Januar 2002, um 22:56 Uhr
Betrifft: ja, Märchenstunde;-) ...;-)

Der Bub braucht halt die Märchen, sie sind so sehr vom Geist erfüllt, Dirona, das hast du wieder mal richtig erkannt.;-)
;-) Und da die Feinmotorik dieses märchenliebenden Kindes bereits so weit entwickelt ist, dass es "ein Stift" in den Händchen halten kann, besteht doch auch ein bisserl Hoffnung, dass es schon lesen kann, und so wollen wir ihm, damit es besser schlafe, zur guten Nacht auch ein kleines Märchen zum Besten geben:

“The inhabitants of the moon are more of a uniform size than the inhabitants of the earth, being about 6 feet in height. They dress very much like the Quaker style and are quite general in style, or fashion of dress. They live to be very old; coming generally, near a thousand years.’ This is the description of them as given by Joseph the Seer, and he could ‘See’ whatever he asked the father in the name of Jesus to see.” — Journal of Oliver B. Huntington, Vol. 3, page 166 of typed copy at Utah State Historical Society, cited by Jerald and Sandra Tanner in Mormonism: Shadow or Reality?

“Daniel Hendrix relates that as he and [Martin] Harris were riding to the village one evening, and he remarked on the beauty of the moon, Harris replied that if his companion could only see it as he had, he might well call it beautiful, explaining that he had actually visited the moon, and added that it ‘was only the faithful who were permitted to visit the celestial regions.’” — William A. Linn, The Story of the Mormons, New York, 1902, p. 35

“Who can tell us of the inhabitants of this little planet that shines of an evening, called the moon? … when you inquire about the inhabitants of that sphere you find that the most learned are as ignorant in regard to them as the ignorant of their fellows. So it is in regard to the inhabitants of the sun. Do you think it is inhabited? I rather think it is. Do you think there is any life there? No question of it; it was not made in vain.” — Brigham Young [July 24, 1870], Journal of Discourses, Vol. 13, p. 271

“Astronomers and philosophers have, from time almost immemorial until very recently, asserted that the moon was uninhabited, that it had no atmosphere, etc. But recent discoveries, through the means of powerful telescopes, have given scientists a doubt or two upon the old theory. Nearly all the great discoveries of men in the last half century have, in one way or another, either directly or indirectly, contributed to prove Joseph Smith to be a Prophet. As far back as 1837, I know that he said the moon was inhabited by men and women the same as this earth, and that they lived to a greater age than we do, that they live generally to near the age of a 1000 [sic.] years. He described the men as averaging near six feet in height, and dressing quite uniformly in something near the Quaker style. In my Patriarchal blessing, given by the father of Joseph the Prophet, in Kirtland, 1837, I was told that I should preach the gospel before I was 21 years of age; that I should preach the gospel to the inhabitants upon the islands of the sea, and to the inhabitants of the moon, even the planet you can now behold with your eyes.” — Oliver B. Huntington, The Young Woman’s Journal, published by the Young Ladies’ Mutual Improvement Association of Zion, 1892, Vol. 3, pp. 263-264

Quelle:
http://www.familybible.org/Institute/Cults/Mormons/Prophets.htm

zur Nachrichtenliste
auf diesen Beitrag antworten:

nicht möglich, da es sich um einen Legacy-Beitrag handelt

zur Nachrichtenliste
das Themengebiet: zur Nachrichtenliste
die neuesten Beiträge in diesem Themengebiet: zur Nachrichtenliste
die neuesten Beiträge außerhalb dieses Themengebietes: zur Nachrichtenliste
zurück
www.mormonentum.de