Das Exmo-Diskussionsforum

Beitrag 4 von 35 Beiträgen.
Seite erstellt am 19.4.24 um 17:34 Uhr
zur Nachrichtenliste
der Beitrag:
Verfasser: shana
Datum: Mittwoch, den 25. Juni 2008, um 10:57 Uhr
Betrifft: Mit eigenen Waffen schlagen 2 - Wie fing das alles an?:-)

Hallo Björn,

na, hast Du Dich schon mal wieder mit den Missionaren getroffen? Im Recovery Forum, habe ich gerade einen Thread gefunden, der eigentlich mehr als Scherz gedacht war, aber dann doch zu einer ganz guten Frage für Untersucher an Missionare führte (kannst Du ja mal testen:-)):

"That would be a great question for an investigator to ask the missionaries when and if they get to the "God has a body" doctrine.

The question of God pooping is a logical followup to the idea that God (1) is an exalted man and (2) has a body.

Years ago when the insurance salesman, Spencer W. Kimball, was the LDS prophet, seer, and revelator he penned a cover article for the ENSIGN which argued that the Human Body was proof of a designer--that God must have designed the Human Body.

I remember thinking to myself that this argument might have some effect to non-Mormons but . . .

Mormons believe that God was once a man and became a God later. So this means that God had a body BEFORE HE WAS GOD. Therefore the human body was NOT designed by God.

Now there may be some sort of hierarchy of Gods and our God that JS talked about in the King Follett discourse is only one of many (that seems to be one of Mormonism’s hidden doctrines that isn’t mentioned out loud). So the question is how did all of these Gods become Gods? Do they have bodies? Were they once men who later became exalted?

If so then we again are stuck with the problem that the Human Body was NOT designed by God.

One way out of this is to posit that somewhere back in the chain is a God who was God without having a body first and He/She/It "designed" the Human Body starting the "exalted man" line of Gods.

This, of course, leads to the idea that a God above our God in the Celestial Food Chain doesn’t have a body. All the Mormon pooh-poohing (no scatological pun intended) about the "nothingness" that other Christians believe in turns out to be super blasphemy.

But thanks for the point; next time I’m discussing theology with a Mormon I’ll ask about God’s toilet habits."
http://www.exmormon.org/boards/w-agora/download_thread.php?site=exmobb&bn=exmobb_recovery&thread=1214358881

zur Nachrichtenliste
auf diesen Beitrag antworten:

nicht möglich, da das maximale Themenalter erreicht wurde.

zur Nachrichtenliste
das Themengebiet: zur Nachrichtenliste
die neuesten Beiträge in diesem Themengebiet: zur Nachrichtenliste
die neuesten Beiträge außerhalb dieses Themengebietes: zur Nachrichtenliste
zurück
www.mormonentum.de