Das Exmo-Diskussionsforum

Erster Beitrag von 3 Beiträgen.
Seite erstellt am 23.4.24 um 18:44 Uhr
zur Nachrichtenliste
der Beitrag:
Verfasser: Hexe
Datum: Samstag, den 19. Juni 2004, um 23:03 Uhr
Betrifft: Wieder ne Medallie für Hinkelstein!

Das fand ich in der heutigen Onlineausgabe der Salt Lake Tribune:

Hinckley to receive Medal of Freedom at the White House

Gordon B. Hinckley 
By Robert Gehrke
The Salt Lake Tribune

WASHINGTON -- President Bush will award the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation’s highest civilian honor, to LDS Church President Gordon B. Hinckley, the White House announced Friday.
    "I will be deeply honored to receive this prestigious award from the president of the United States," Hinckley said through a spokesman. "I am profoundly grateful. In a larger sense, it recognizes and honors the church, which has given me so many opportunities and whose interests I have tried to serve.
    "To the church, to my associates, and to our people everywhere, I extend my gratitude, and with each of you share the honor of this recognition."
    Hinckley will join actress Doris Day, golfer Arnold Palmer, Pope John Paul II and nine others as 2004 recipients.
    President Truman established the award in 1945 to honor civilian contributions during World War II. It was reinstated by President Kennedy in 1963 to recognize distinguished peacetime service. The medal has been conferred on roughly 400 individuals since its introduction.
    The White House said that, as president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints since 1995, Hinckley has "inspired millions and has led efforts to improve humanitarian aid, disaster relief, and education funding across the globe."
    Other 2004 honorees include journalist Robert Bartley, politician Edward Brooke, historian Vartan Gregorian, National Geographic Society Chairman Gilbert Grosvenor, cosmetics mogul Estee Lauder, actress Rita Moreno, ophthalmology researcher Arnall Patz, journalist Norman Podhoretz and economist and banker Walter Wriston.
    Bush will present the medals at a White House ceremony on Wednesday, although the president delivered the award to the pope during a visit to the Vatican earlier this month.
    Honorees are recommended to the president by a Distinguished Civilian Service Awards Board. Past recipients include former presidents, astronauts, entertainers, scientists, religious leaders and victims of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

Da bekommt ein Fuzzi nen Orden, der Lesben und Schwule unterdrückt, Feministinnen verunglimpft und in seiner eigenen "Kirche" die Freiheit mit Füßen tritt!

Ich könnte kotzen!!!" WÜRG!

zur Nachrichtenliste
auf diesen Beitrag antworten:

nicht möglich, da das maximale Themenalter erreicht wurde.

zur Nachrichtenliste
das Themengebiet: zur Nachrichtenliste
die neuesten Beiträge außerhalb dieses Themengebietes: zur Nachrichtenliste
zurück
www.mormonentum.de