Das Exmo-Diskussionsforum

Keine Antworten auf diesen Beitrag.
Seite erstellt am 23.4.24 um 22:55 Uhr
zur Nachrichtenliste
der Beitrag:
Verfasser: Hexe
Datum: Donnerstag, den 1. April 2004, um 23:12 Uhr
Betrifft: Neues vom Mountain Meadows Massaker

"Early in the production of the film, I asked descendants in Arkansas if there were any recollections of the massacre that existed from the seventeen children who survived. I was able to locate some statements given to journalists, however, they seemed to be dramatized by the journalists and didn’t feel authentic. One day, Will Bagley gave me a statement that Nancy Saphrona gave to the Daily Arkansas Gazette in 1875. The first time I read her words, it brought tears to my eyes. It struck me as a very genuine, honest, heart-rending account of a day this young girl had been haunted by all her life. I knew right then that I had finally found the statement I could base the massacre re-enactment upon and even shot the scenes according to her account. As I began editing the massacre scene, though, I realized that there was a vital piece missing -- a photo of the girl. I searched for months, until finally I was led to the name "Sue Staton". Sue is a descendant of Nancy Saphrona who lives in Muskogee, Oklahoma, and she happened to have a picture of Nancy Saphrona which she graciously sent to me. Nancy Saphrona was twenty two years old, and married to Dallas Cates, when she gave the statement to the Gazette. She was only four years old at the time of the slaughter, and it is believed that she was spared because the Mormons thought she was too young to remember. She was the daughter of Saletia Ann Brown and Peter Huff. Her entire family was killed. She witnessed the murder of her mother, and also lost her father, brothers, and sister to the Mormons that tragic day -- September 11, 1857. Nancy Saphrona was taken away by John Willis, whom she lived with until she was returned to relatives in Arkansas two years later.
Nancy Saphrona’s statement for the film was narrated by Jennifer Van Eenenaam who won an "Accolade Award" for voice-over. Nancy Saphrona died at a young age, in her late twenties."
Nancy- eine Ãœberlebende
Nancy- eine Ãœberlebende

Der Film Burying the past ist ein Dokument der Intollernz und der Gewaltbereitschaft der Mormonen, und ihrer Rechtsbeugung.

zur Nachrichtenliste
auf diesen Beitrag antworten:

nicht möglich, da das maximale Themenalter erreicht wurde.

zur Nachrichtenliste
das Themengebiet: zur Nachrichtenliste
die neuesten Beiträge außerhalb dieses Themengebietes: zur Nachrichtenliste
zurück
www.mormonentum.de